Altos ACS 8000-15A

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Jun 15 09:56:52 CDT 2015

> On Jun 14, 2015, at 18:38, Sean Caron <scaron at umich.edu> wrote:
>
> You can get a whole HP 4957 these days for only $25 or so... it takes up a
> bit more space than a plain BoB but you get a lot more functionality :O

I recently bought an HP 4952A protocol analyzer for $70. There were ones listed at least as low as $37, but I picked one that had all of the accessories, cables and disks that I would have pieced together otherwise. It has been handy for debugging communications between my VAX-11/730 and tu58em. All I had to do was to build a Y cable for the RJ45 modular cabling that I'm gradually converting all of my RS232 cabling over to, and some test pins to plug into the recessed breakout connections so I could hook an oscilloscope up easily.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/