Serial UNIBUS Repeater?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Jun 15 18:36:15 CDT 2015

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 16:26 , Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Strobe Data make something like half of what you need:
>
> http://www.strobedata.com/home/unibusfw.html
>
> Unfortunately IIRC it's an 'if you have to ask the price you can't
> afford it' kind of deal...

Interesting! Thanks for sharing! I could probably make one "cheaper", but I couldn't make one "cheap". :)

Another approach would be to build a BC11A-equivalent cable using multiple narrower ribbon cables (as previously mentioned in this thread), and use the round-jacketed-shielded ribbon cable. The stuff isn't cheap, though, and a couple of round-jacketed 40-conductor cables probably aren't any more flexible than the Pertec tape drive cables I already have snaking about between the racks.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/