RK06 alignment pack

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Jun 17 15:28:22 CDT 2015

Microdata had a setup they used for packs, then later for writing servo
platters for their Reflex winchester drives.

Similar to this system someone made a video of on youtube

https://youtu.be/p4v7RRadC8E

The electronics, optics, lasers and control heads show up on ebay from
time to time.  The microdata unit was actually a version which output
control signals, rather than a measurement head like this video, so that
their logic could step the positioner.

Write logic which was not part of the drive was used when it was in
manufacturing mode to write the servo on the drive before shipment.

For testing there was a cleanroom setup for testing, usually when
working on heads and evaluation of media.

thanks
Jim