DEC Logo (was: Front Panels Personal Update)

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Thu Jun 18 09:25:37 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 07:20:51AM -0700, Chris Osborn wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2015, at 4:42 AM, Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a Postscript doc out there with the DEC "D I G I T A L" logo
> > in blocks. That may be a start.
> >
> > http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200712/ancient_history_the_digital_logo.html
>
> 	"The logo up to then had been the letters DEC in blocks the shape of
> 	the plug-in cards that DEC had been producing."
>
> Does anyone have a picture of that? My Google-fu is failing me. I love cutting vinyl stickers of old logos and I think an original DEC logo would make a great prize in the contests I run on RetroBattlestations.

I suppose it's this one:

http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/still-image/dec/pdp-1_online/dec.flip_flop_201.102633142.lg.jpg

I recall seing a better version of the logo in some manual on bitsavers or similar. Can't find it now.

/P