1990 Era computer room

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Jun 24 13:43:17 CDT 2015

On 6/24/2015 9:50 AM, wulfman wrote:
> ahh the memorys  i worked at dataproducts from late 1978 to late 1980
>
> they were awesome printers the B series used the 2900 series bit slice
> building blocks
>
> they were speed daemons for their time
>
> its too bad that manufacturing in the USA has dropped because of cheap
> Chinese
>
> we may still have great companys like that making things here in the USA

We used their band printers a lot in the early to mid 80's.  They were
very good printers.

Printronix moved to across the street from where I worked on Myford in
Tustin some years after that and made a good run, but I never used
Printronix after the P300 and P600.  Next ones we used were CI-300's,
600's and 900's because we got an OEM deal thru them, and the above
mentioned Data Products band printers for applications requiring such
character sets, rather than the dot matrix.

Data Products was a great company for sure.  Still glad to have the
2230's I have.

thanks
Jim