Anyone have a M8340 (EAE) schematic rev.D? Or M8341 rev.D sch?

Vincent Slyngstad vrs at msn.com
Thu Mar 5 08:46:18 CST 2015

From: Eric Smith: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 3:37 PM
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic Posts" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Anyone have a M8340 (EAE) schematic rev.D? Or M8341 rev.D sch?

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Stephen Lafferty <steve at tronola.com> wrote:
>> PS: The revision letter can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the
>> DEC schematics that I have.
>
> Note that the schematic revision (CS) and the corresponding etch
> revision often do not match. A particular etch can have different
> levels of ECO corresponding to different schematic revisions, and a
> particular schematic revision might correspond to both an older etch
> with ECOs and a newer etc without ECOs (or with fewer ECOs). The
> schematic revision is supposed to be stamped on the board or handle,
> and updated if ECOs are applied in the field, but they're not always
> marked correctly.

The EAE schematics I have, which I'm sure are the ones commonly
available online, have both the schematic and etch revisions in the
box on the lower right, as was the later practice.  Look for "Etch
Board Rev", and it may not be on every sheet.  Anyway, those
show M8340 Rev F was built on etch revision E, and M8341
Rev E was built on etch revision D (at least for a while).  As
Eric mentiooned, the corresponding information on the physical
object is supposed to be in the copper layer on the solder side
(etch revision) and stamped into the handle (schematic revision).

(I don't seem to have much that will help, but maybe this will
clarify "where to look" for someone else.)

    Vince