Recommendation for a PROM burner

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Mar 13 20:51:19 CDT 2015

On 03/13/2015 11:34 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> So, I need to add a PROM burner to my collection of stuff, and I'd like to ask
> for recommendations.
>

> The ability to read them would be a real plus (no idea if that's a common
> capability or not).
Yes, they all need this capability, as that's how you verify
the write got all the bits
set correctly.

I have a Logical Devices Allpro 88, with the ISA card that
controls it, if that is
of any interest to anybody.  I do NOT have a copy of the
software for it.

I use a Xeltek Superpro/Z, which supports most EPROMS going
way back.
It supports the 2732, and may support some 16K EPROMS, too.
You won't
find ANYTHING that supports 1702 devices, they needed 80 V
to program.

I doubt you will find anything with a serial interface.

Jon