Recommendation for a PROM burner

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 11:50:20 CDT 2015

> >     > You won't find ANYTHING that supports 1702 devices, they needed 80
> V to
> >     > program.
> >
> > I checked, and the 29B/Unipak2B combo does not support them. Does anyone
> > know if DEC used 1702s in anything PDP-11?
>
> I don't know about the PDP11, but the Omnibus (PDP8/e , etc) EPROM board
> uses them. They are
> soldered to the board with jumper blocks on the top connectors to connect
> them to the Omnibus
> interface circuit. For programming you connected the programmer
> (presumably with a special cable)
> to said top connectors in place of the jumpers.

I think that you mean this card:
http://www.datormuseum.se/computers/digital-equipment-corporation/pdp-8-e

The programmer is a rack mounted unit with integrated connectors where you
plug in the board. The programmer has a fan to cool the board while
programming. I have said programmer but I am unsure about how to connect it
to anything and unfortunately the lid of one of the 1702 is missing.
Otherwise it is a nice board.