Recommendation for a PROM burner

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Mar 15 15:21:29 CDT 2015

On 2015-Mar-15, at 8:53 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 03/15/2015 10:46 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
>>> On Mar 15, 2015, at 11:38 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> ...A few points:

>> 48 volts, according to a 1702A datasheet I just dug up with Google.

While the datasheet says a program voltage of 48V (actually –48V), that's with another of the chips supplies at +12V, so there's a voltage difference at the chip of 60V.
Different programmer designs can shift the voltages different ways relative to GND.
A (period) programmer design I've looked at uses 0, +48, +60; while if one is looking at the datasheet it's –48, 0, +12.