VAX tests? (Mouse)

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Mar 15 17:05:29 CDT 2015

[Seen thanks to off-list assistance - thank you!]

> Brief background: Real VAXes had real diagnostics. MicroVAXes had diagnostic$

I'm fairly sure the MDM is not what I have, then.

> Moving on: Are you aware of
> EK-O19AE-SG-005_MicroVAX_Troubleshooting_and_Diagnostics_May89.pdf

I wasn't.  I picked up a copy and it turns out to be unreadable for me;
the ghostscript I have says "Unable to process JBIG2Decode data. Page
will be missing data.".  Modern Ghostscript is no longer suitable for
open-source use, so I'm looking for alternatives, either other
PostScript renderers or something to replace the JBIG2Decode code in
the version I have.  I have a few leads, but even in the best of
outcomes it will take time.

> Does your emulator have a console ROM like the real thing? Does it have any $

Yes.  It is an image of the ROM from a real KA630 I have.  In
particular, it has the same set of tests the real thing has.  The
simulator passes all of them, as far as I can tell.

I have a copy of EK-KA630-UG-001 and have scanned it, and read it
multiple times.  As far as I can tell the tests there are all run at
startup, and they all pass.  If there's any way to run any other tests
from the ROM, I don't know what it is.

I'll also see if I can find that MDM thing, though if you couldn't find
a copy it seems unlikely I will.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org