IBM 5100 Restoration in progress

Santo Nucifora santo.nucifora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:21:36 CDT 2015

Hi Christian,

Sorry, I missed the "Single Step" mode line and thought you just wanted the
registers.

Screenshot is here:
http://vintagecomputer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/exeros-5100.jpg

After trying single step mode, I'm in an endless loop and not actually
halted, it seems.
Do let me know what you think.
Santo

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Christian Corti <
cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Mar 2015, Santo Nucifora wrote:
>
>> It is my understanding that if an A gets printed, the A test completed
>> successfully and it is dying at the B test where the last part of the test
>> is to print the letter B on screen.
>>

> No, first the letter is printed, then the test is started.
>
>  We certainly need a hex dump for the 5100 but I've looked around and found
>> nothing.  I don't suppose I can dump my Executable ROS in the condition my
>> machine is in.
>>

> Shure you can, please just do what I told you. Make a screenshot with your
> camera of the first 512 bytes of the Executable ROS:
>
>> Could you put the picture on your web site or send me an email? And
>>> please also make the following readable screenshot:
>>> 1. Put the machine into single-step mode
>>> 2. Press RESTART
>>> 3. Switch to DISPLAY REGISTERS