R: How to save two Mitsubishi M2896 drive (spindle motor smoked!)

Enrico Lazzerini enrico.lazzerini at email.it
Fri Mar 20 14:26:07 CDT 2015

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! AGAIN!!!!!
Thanks BRENT!!!! Thanks for the schematics.

Well the problem were 3 solders. After to insert the D102 zener (maybe
12,5V) and the resistor R112 (180ohm) on their position it I set the 3rd
wire to the ground, the pin7 of c358c change its level. I reconnect also the
transistor Q101. The spindle motor do not want to work.
I remember that pin 1,2 and 3 were soldered even on the component side of
the PCB so I would wanted to try to solder them again: the spindle motor
begun to rotate. What emotion!!!!

I not know if it rotate at the correct speed cause I have to rebuild on a
table my old pc an to connect the 8" drive to see if with IMD software I
will can to read a 8" floppy disk correctly, but at this moment the spindle
motor works again!!

Thanks A lot
Enrico