Equipment Available

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 25 20:29:28 CDT 2015

I don't think anybody who had worked for DEC would confuse an 11/23 with
a microvax.
The reference to RX01's also seems a little odd.
Testing silicon could be a reference to IC's  or the large crystals
drawn from the melt.

As to being used in house in the UK. Both plants (Ayr and Galway) were
F,A and T plants
Boards and enclosures came in already built and tested.
They would plug the systems together to suit the customers configureation.
If a board failed it would be sent to Hoofdorf in Holland where they had
a board level repair facility.
This was mainly for field service swop outs but they did handle F,A and
T failures.

Rod