oddball (XT PC-era?) keyboard - "dejag" etc controls

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu May 7 11:22:05 CDT 2015

On 5/6/15 6:28 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

> I know a fair bit about the Jupiter 7.
> If it is not a Jupiter unit, it might be from an AED 512 or similar graphics box.

I worked for AED from 84-86 so I know a lot about them. The keyboards would be brown and didn't have a 'dejag' key.

The AED 512 was a design bought from the guys who formed Jupiter Systems. AED went one way and did the 767 and the
Jupiter guys did the Jupiter 7. They are very similar internally. The 50 pin DMA interface is weird because it came
from AED's floppy disk product line to reuse all of their proprietary interface controller cards for all of the different
minicomputers it could interface with.