360/50 microcode listing

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Thu May 7 13:03:12 CDT 2015

Comments on where the 360s  went...
When I was in the used  computer business in the  early
80s when  gold and silver did the big  climb there arose a  large
group of people aside  from the usual scrappers, that were going
about the nation specifically targeting old  360s  and  earlier  for  scrap.

Even the scrappers that  did not  break the entire  computers down and
process them would
sell countess containers of  early computers to the Taiwanese  metal
brokers that
would come over here  to purchase  material.  yes.....  shiploads of
containers...

The  younger  people here and those that were not in the  biz  back  then
do not realize  how many truck load after  truck load  were scrapped.
Knowing  some of the scrappers was  a  good  deal for  me as a Computer  dealer
though as a small   PDP-8 or  the likes did  not have enough tonnage to
interest them and  sometimes  they would just let me have them  gratis.

Hate to say how may HP 2116, 2114, and 2115 hit  the process   especially
in the  late 80s to early 90s where there was not  much  market   for them.

Even today,   you can go  down to one of the local Evil  Ironworks  and see
 a wonderful old device on the scrap pile... there  are still things coming
out of warehouses but....  in no ways like the  early 80s...

Ed Sharpe  Archivist  for SMECC  ( CEO of  Computer  Exchange Inc. <<long
since retired>>

In a message dated 5/7/2015 10:33:33 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,