IBM 029 Card Punch and ASCII Machines

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue May 12 11:20:04 CDT 2015

On 5/12/2015 9:01 AM, Dave G4UGM wrote:
> [...]
Microdata offered a custom wiring job to punch cards with a Univac
keypunch, instead of IBM.

It used a standard board they had with a clocked parallel output to
punch cards.  Carriage control would feed cards w/o the need to send all
columns to trigger card feed.

There was a remote switch on the Univac Keypunch keyboard that allowed
the unit to be switched to punch via the 1600.  Output could be done
with the same machine code as a printer driver.

Interface was ascii, and logic in the keypunch custom board
(wirewrapped) translated the codes.

Jim