Oregon Software Pascal (was RE: RT11 / RSTS-E games

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Sun May 17 09:07:55 CDT 2015

 >Johnny Billquist wrote:

>>> They are? We should talk to them about getting the OMSI Pascal
>>> released then. There are things I'd like to improve in there... :-)
>>>
>>>     Johnny
>>

>> Good luck trying to find anyone there that knows that they had
>> anything to do with PDP-11's.  They moved at some point in the late
>> 80's or early 90's, at which time they became far less interesting.
>> I never knew they did anything PDP-11 related until the late-90's,
>> thanks in part to this list.
>>
>> http://www.omsi.edu
>

> Hmm. That turned out to be slightly different than what I expected... :-)
> But anyway, OMSI Pascal was carried on by Oregon Software, which if I
> understand things right was a spinoff from OMSI. That is the company I
> would like to find the remnants of.

It took me a few days to locate the manuals and check the date
on the PASCAL.SAV file.  The manual has PASCAL-2 V2.1D
and the file is 397 blocks with a date of 19-Sep-1985.  There is
also a PASCAL.OBJ file with the libraries.

For some reason, there must have been some development after
1999, so there is also a patched file which provides the correct
date on the listing file which is generated.  The patch is less than
a dozen extra instructions and consists of a subroutine call which
checks the 2 high order bits of the date to determine the correct
year under RT-11.  There are no corresponding patches for the
libraries at this time.

If anyone is able to sort out the IP aspects, I can make the files
available along with the manuals which are in poor condition.

Jerome Fine