Weird stuff has a TI 810 (also if anyone has token ring wiring)

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun May 17 11:58:20 CDT 2015

I can tell you from firsthand experience that if you're just doing short
little runs within a vintage computer room in your home or something like
that, you can directly pin the 9-pin D-sub over to 8P8C and make short runs
with common unshielded Cat V cable and it should work fine. I did this all
the time when I was in high school to connect old MCA PS/2 machines with
the IBM token ring adapters (9 pin D-sub) to various old 8P8C MAUs that I
had acquired. I can't speak to dealing with those funky IBM connectors;
never worked with those.

Best,

Sean