54 TK50 tapes on eBay

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun May 17 13:42:26 CDT 2015

> On May 17, 2015, at 05:18, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> This just popped up today:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-54-USED-VINTAGE-DEC-DIGITAL-COMPACTAPE-TK50-D
> ATA-TAPE-CARTRIDGES-SOFTWARE-/221774909736?

Hmm, mystery media to be archived is one of my weak spots... I wonder whether A) any of this stuff might be usable on my 11/730 (which presumably has VMS 5.3 installed, though I haven't dealt with the console boot tape issue yet to bring it up), and B) whether a TK50 drive can be interfaced to my 11/730 under VMS 5.3. Its card cage is already full, though I suppose I could temporarily remove either the ethernet or 1/2" tape drive cards. Can anybody educate me on this subject?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/