ID help, Ampex tape drive and other things.

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon May 18 10:04:39 CDT 2015

> On May 18, 2015, at 9:31 AM, Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
> On 05/18/2015 03:48 AM, Dave G4UGM wrote:

There are 14 track computer tape drives (CDC made them) but those used 1 inch tape.

Does analog recording require tape that is designed to record more than just ones and zeroes?  Perhaps not; if FM modulation is used, that wouldn’t be such an issue.

That drive certainly doesn’t look like a computer peripheral.  The connectors look more like lab instrument cabling, or perhaps military equipment cables.

	paul