Question about HP3000 weight

Johannes Thelen johannesthelen at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 17:11:36 CDT 2015

> Do anyone know what it weights? This one have CPU with Option 200 rack > (my best guess, like some expanded IO?). And is there wheels below > racks?
Thanks! You was faster than me, I found too that weight at last. That's light baby, comparing that IBM 1800 :D  ...and seems there is casters below.

> Finding software for the Series II and III has been extremely difficult
> so please try to find any that was associated with the machine.

What I heard... there was meters and meters long shelf of 3000 documentation. But disaster hit couple years ago: sewer broke over that shelf and documentation turned to biohazard material. So... that room's content is lost for good :/

However, lets not get sad about this. Donater is school and they have there LOT of other documentation and brochures. What I found, there is lot of miscellaneous HP, Honeywell Series 16, Data General Nova, DECs documentation/brochures.  And probably there is some copies of destroyed ones. Also there is many carton boxes full of "something", so anything can be found. Like I found VAX schematics in microfilms, dated 1985. I think these would ease the pain ;)

By the way Al, I have probably something what you like to scan from that IBM find, like PPCP manuals... I'll send you list of manuals later!

- Johannes ThelenFinland
Before microcomputers blog (Finnish) http://ennenmikrotietokoneita.blogspot.fi/