Place of manufacture for DEC equipment?

Daniel Snyder ddsnyder at zoominternet.net
Tue May 19 20:00:58 CDT 2015

The serial number can be broken into 3 areas...

The first two digits indicate the country of Manufacture

AY = Ayr, Scotland
BK = Germany
GA = Galway, Ireland
IQ = Somewhere else
NI = Salem, New Hampshire, USA
PC = Irvine, Scotland
KA = Kanata, Ontario, Canada
CX = Colorado Springs, CO, USA
WF = Westfield, MA, USA
AB = Albuquerque, NM, USA

The 3rd Digit indicates the year

7 = 1997       8 = 1998        9 = 1999        etc.

The 4th & 5th digits indicate the week of manufacture from
January.

01 = 1st week in January
12 = 12th week after January 1st (End of March)
20 = Mid April
For a rough calculate take 4 weeks to the month

The remaining digits indicate the run number.

00005 =        The 5th one made at this plant
00100 =        The 100th one made at this plant

>From the fog in my head...

Dan Snyder, Butler, PA