8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri May 22 20:11:50 CDT 2015

On 05/22/2015 04:54 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:

> A little over half a century ago, UHF was an extra price option!
> My brother and I pooled our money and bought a 19" Philco "portable".
> Our father chipped in the additional to get UHF.
> I remember watching the Cuban missile crisis on it, with my father
> muttering, "The SOB has gotten us into war!"

I used to have an old TV with a continuous VHF tuner that included
channel 1.  You flipped a switch to tune channels 7-13.

I do recall those UHF converter boxes, though--as well as the CBS sets
with the socket (dodecar?) on the back of the chassis for the color
wheel adapter.  One of the electronics junk shops near my home had
wooden crates full of the color wheels (no adapters though).

--Chuck