8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat May 23 10:36:11 CDT 2015

On Sat, 23 May 2015, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> Assuming that I don't find an off-the-shelf converter that Just Works
> for our poorly-behaving vintage computer video outputs, what I have in
> mind is this: A converter that is specifically designed to emulate the
> response of an 80's TV or 80's composite monitor when driven by a
> vintage computer output, and translate that as well as practical to
> modern displays (particularly, 1080p via HDMI). I have some ideas about
> how to accomplish this, but I will need to do more work to see if I can
> create a solution that is not absurdly expensive.

Where are you located?
Would you like some of the REAL monitors?  They will do all sorts of
bizarre artifacts that would be hard to emulate.  They are also perfect
matches to the size weight, power draw, smell, reliability (or lack
thereof), resolution (or lack thereof), etc.
Nothing truly duplicates the experience without drifting tuning, picky
horizontal hold, a lttle flickering, etc.
I've long ago gotten rid of most of them, but there are always more
breeding in the cracks of the woodwork.