SCA drives - any interest?

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:00:27 CST 2015

I don't understand the question; what kind of drives are you talking about?

These are fairly high performance hot-swappable SCSI server drives, 10,000 or
15,000 RPM with transfer rates of 160 or 320 MB/s, probably still in use in some
installations out there.

I scrapped the servers some time ago and am considering whether it's worth
taking the time to set up a system and securely wipe the drives or just take the
security hammer and drill to them and send them off to the scrapper.