PDP-11/45-55 CPU fan assemblies

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 7 11:13:10 CST 2015

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Noel Chiappa
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 2:50 PM
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Cc: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: PDP-11/45-55 CPU fan assemblies

Hi, all: I recently bought a PDP-11/45 [well, a /55, to be technical; the
/45,
/50 and /55 are completely identical except for i) the memory options
installed at purchase, and ii) the printing on the front console :-], but
alas, when I looked closely, it is missing both upper and lower CPU fan
assemblies. (No doubt, removed to allow cannabilization of the fans, to keep
another machine running.)

(For those who aren't familiar, these are long brackets to which a number of
the usual square fans are bolted; one is placed above, and one below, the
cards in the main pull-out rack of the CPU. The one on top is hinged along
the
long edge, so it can be rolled back out out of the way, for running cables
boards.)

So, does anyone i) have a spare set they don't want (I know, I know, I know,
p < .00001, but maybe a miracle will happen); ii) have a set they can lend
me
so that I can get the sheet-metal part copied (I might get a spare or two
made
at the same time, depending on price, so we have some on hand); iii) failing
all of the above, be willing to take lots of pictures, and some
measurements,
of a set, to aid in making reproductions.

Thanks (hopefully :-)!

       Noel

=========
I have an 11/45 and 11/55. The colors of the /55 are quite different from
the 11/45.

p <.00001 might need reconciliation ... I would have to check, but I am
pretty sure I have the bottom "box", complete with fans. However, I
remember it is *heavy*. I could remove the fans, but it is steel metal,
so it will still be heavy. Shipping would be from The Netherlands.
That is "world shipping" ... expensive :-/
I think I also have the top, but here my memory gets vague.
It will be a few days before I get back to my "museum" though.
Probably Tuesday evening.

greetz,
- Henk, PA8PDP