PDP 11/03

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 10 07:56:49 CST 2015

    > From: Jim Stephensn

    > thanks for the help.

Eh, always happy to help anyone with PDP-11 stuff.

    > the buddy mentioned above did a lot of dec maintenance and put these
    > cables in a pile as he found them..

They're probably worth a good bit now, given how scarce they are! ;-)

    > Also will order some parts to make the cable off the M7940.

You might want to order some 10-pin shells (for the DLV11-J, etc) at the same
time, those are really common on later DEC gear - the DLV11/DLV11-J was the
transition point.

(Actually, although there are only 10 pins, it looks like the connector
housings will hold 14-pin shells, so it you want to not have to carefully
align the cable before plugging it in, go for 14's. Haven't tried this
personally - yet - so take that one with a grain of salt!)

I'm off to order some 14-pin shells myself! :-)

	Noel