MAINDEC-11-DZQKC-E-D listing posted (Re: Deciphering PDP-11/05 ZQKC (Instruction Exerciser) MAINDEC failures...)

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Nov 10 16:10:02 CST 2015

On 11/9/2015 3:42 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Jay Jaeger <cube1 at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/8/2015 11:50 AM, Josh Dersch wrote:
>>

>>> Anyone have any experience with this particular diagnostic?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Josh
>>>

>> The version can normally be identified either by the file name or on the
>> paper tape if you are using a real paper tape.  My guess is that the
>> version you are running does not match the PDF.
>>
>> Some of us also have diagnostic listings of various versions, and have
>> some of them on Microfiche.  Unfortunately, I do not seem to have a
>> listing for DZQKC (any revision).  [It isn't missing - it isn't even
>> listed in the fiche index.  :( ]
>>
>> HOWEVER, I *DO* have a *paper* listing of revision E (among others).
>> The code starting at 16002 reads
>>
>> 016002  105737 177564      TSTB @#TPS
>> 016006  100375             BPL  .-4
>> 016010  006237 177564      TSTB @#TPS
>> 016014  000001             WAIT          ; WAIT FOR FIRST INTERRUPT
>>
>> The routine starts at 015734 and the comment is ";CHECK TTY INTERRUPT"
>>
>> AND, the paper copy has a red stamp indicating that a change may be
>> required for it to operation.
>>
>>   LOC  FROM     TO
>>  2266   200     340
>> 14146   200     340
>> 16164  5227    4737
>> 16166     0     160
>>
>>  160      -     5227
>>  162      -        0
>>  164      -     1375
>>  166      -      207
>>
>> So, please provide either the complete file name you loaded (if you are
>> on the paper tape and we should at least be able to help you figure out
>> if they match, or not, and whether or not someone has a listing that
>> matches and can tell you what the error might mean, and perhaps provide
>> a scan to you (and bitsavers).
>>

> Thanks, I should have thought to check the revision codes in the first
> place.  Looks like the Bitsavers docs are from revision C; I've been
> running the paper-tape version that's on Bitsavers (
> http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/bits/DEC/pdp11/papertapeimages/20031230/tray4.txt),
> which is labeled as "maindec-11-dzqkc-e-pb" which looks like it should be
> Revision E (which is fortunate!).
>
> If you do have the ability to scan this, I'd love to see it.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh
>

>> JRJ

The diagnostic listing is now available in my new bitsavers-contrib
folder on Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2v4WRwISEQRWWFFdVpCZWFTZEU&usp=sharing

This is the only document in there right now, and you will find it in
the same path that the other occupies on bitsavers, i.e. in folder
./pdf/dec/pdp11/xxdp/diag_listings

A PDF is there as well as a zip file containing the original .tif files
as Al Kossow prefers for submissions.  (Al:  Hint, Hint  ;) ).

JRJ