8 inch media

Sue Skonetski Sue.Skonetski at VMSSoftware.com
Thu Nov 12 15:56:39 CST 2015

I also have a box of the DEC 8-inch if needed.

Fun story to go along with this topic.  As part of the VMS engineering team that dealt with a number of customer issues the following happened.

We got a call from a customer who had not made a back up of his system disk and they needed an ancient version of VMS.  We had the VMS version but getting the 8 inch floppy took more time.  We made two copies.  As an FYI this was the first time the system ever went down.

Sue

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 4:29 PM, Cindy Croxton <sales at elecplus.com> wrote:
>
> Several people were asking for 8" floppy diskettes. I found some new at the
> recycle center.
>
> Maxell FD1-128 single sided, single or double density, soft-sectored.
>
> Total of 17 disks.  Asking $2 each plus shipping.
>

> Cindy
>

> ---

Sue Skonetski

VP of Customer Advocacy
Sue.Skonetski at vmssoftware.com
Office: +1 (978) 451-0116
Mobile: +1 (603) 494-9886

Mit freundlichen Grüßen – Avec mes meilleures salutations