Boundless terminals

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sat Nov 14 19:31:31 CST 2015

On 11/14/2015 5:09 PM, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 11:05:06AM -0500, Sue Skonetski wrote:
>
>> I remember at DEC when we all at VT100’s and then the big day came
>> when we could upgrade to the “New Color” monitors Ah just to think
>> of the orange glow of the words radiating from the screen.  Of
>> course you could get green as well.  Not a lot of choice compared to
>> today but ground breaking at the time.  The company I used to work
>> for still makes brand new VT’s since folks like them so much.  VT520
>> and the DEC style keyboards.  Some things never go out of style.
>>
>> sue
> Intrigued by your comment I went on a web trek - after all, one
> doesn't hear about a company selling new terminals nowadays (at least
> I don't). Found Boundless Tech, but it seems they are preparing to
> quit. They ask that those who may need some docs download it from
> their website while it is still on material plane.
>
> http://www.boundlessterminals.com/documentation.html
>
> I have no idea it those are of any value to the group members but I
> decided to let you know, just in case.

Thanks for the heads up.  I remember when Boundless first came on the
scene and took over ADDS.  Microdata had used ADDS early in their
history, and their Prism terminals were all copies of the Adds 580
protocol, so many Reality customers bought maybe one Prism, and used
ADDS.  Later ADDS and other vendors took over.

This documentation page appears to be propery captured on Archive.org,
here is the documentation page, and an example document.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150919155604/http://www.boundlessterminals.com/documentation.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20151115012631/http://www.boundlessterminals.com/manuals/ADDS%203153%20LF%20Manual.pdf

So when they take the pages offline, if you know boundlessterminals.com
you are good to go too.  This message will probably turn up in google
searches for people lookng for info as well.

I wanted to double check that the documents were all backed up.

I looked around and didn't find a 580 manual, either schematics or a
user manual.  Any one have a copy?

thanks
Jim