papertape repair tape or kit wanted

tony duell ard at
Mon Nov 30 06:25:16 CST 2015

> NOTE: I will pay a generous price for a few inches of papertape repair tape
> if anyone has any!  I am located in Landenberg, PA USA....Contact me
> privately if you can help.

The official splicing tape I've seen is in little squares with all holes punched 
(probably covers 9 or 10 characters on the tape. I may still have some 
somewhere, but it was trasparent tape so the crack between the ends of the 
2 bits of paper tape you were joining would confuse most optical treaders. 

In the end I would run out a bit of all-holes tape (the Facit 4070 punch I use
has a switch for this!), cut off a bit and stick that over the join using paper
glue (a Prit Stick or equivalent works OK for splices that don't have to last
too long)


More information about the cctech mailing list