Writing SCSI 9-Track Mag Tapes from Windows/DOS

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue Oct 6 13:54:09 CDT 2015

From: John Wilson
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 12:33 AM

> On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 09:49:49PM -0700, Marc Verdiell wrote:
>> Your program worked beautifully writing a SIMH format file on my HP 88780
>> tape!

> The difference is that SIMH's native format pads records to even sizes before
> appending the "length" longword, and E11's doesn't.  But most popular tape
> labeling schemes will always produce even-lengthed records, so there's no
> difference.

Of course, that's mostly true for those machines restricted to silly octets as
their native data representation. :->

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/