PDP8 / ETOS

Joe fast79ta at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 12:06:25 CDT 2015

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 09:56:36AM -0600, Joe wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering if any one has any experience setting up an ETOS system
> > on a PDP-8?
> >
> Some. I have it running on my online PDP-8 though am not an expert.
>

> > I've got most of it working, including adding a second terminal, but
> > can't for the life of me figure out the process on making a second
> > drive available to the users once we are in ETOS timesharing.
> > According to the system managers manual, it's a combination of Lookup
> > and assign.
> >
> Did you get it working? If not are you trying to make another ETOS pack
> available or an OS/8 pack?

Thanks for the response. I guess not to many people have messed around with
Multos8 or ETOS.

I haven't played much with it this week. It's a fascinating system. The
manuals aren't half bad either.

I'm trying to add an OS/8 disk pack so I can mess around with the
timesharing on two terminals.

Cheers, Joe