VAX in action

Jason Howe jason at smbfc.net
Mon Oct 12 13:55:43 CDT 2015

I was just speaking with a guy who works in the physics department at
work (A large State University) .  He was looking for a 68pin SCSI card
for some purpose, which I was able to find for him in my pile-o-stuff.

It turns out he's trying to revive one of their VMS machines which
didn't come back after a power outage a couple weeks ago.   Then I learn
that they're still using a VAX to run their freakin' particle
accelerator, I asked if I could see that stuff in action.  So, I'm going
to go over for a tour sometime in the next couple weeks.  :)

He also mentioned that they're starting to transition off the old DEC
hardware -- this is also my chance to be sure it doesn't just end up in
the bin.

--Jason