Fair price and ways to find a teletype

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:14:06 CDT 2015

Hi Brad,

I want to answer this, because it is going to entail a lot more than you expect.

An ASR 33 cost me 1,700 from great guy Wane Durkee, teletypeparts.com.
 He refurbished the whole machine, a complete work-over and it is beautiful.  He made a custom case to ship it to me.

This is a very delicate mechanical device.  In spite of the fabulous shipping crate, the bolts installed to secure the printer, the shipping guys let us down.
The thing had very rough handling, sheared off the shipping bolts, the printer was totally shook up and Wayne and I are working on it to bring it back.

You need to understand, and be prepared for handling a mechanical marvel, that there are virtually no replacement parts.  You will have to be pretty good with your hands, have tools and a shop.  This is a totally mechanical device, and the innovation in it, how it works is so clever you will not get it without some help.

Lots of patience, and when things go wrong (they will) you will need the perseverance to stick with it.

Mine is printing OK.  It does not read the keyboard correctly because of the shake up.  Stuff was bent (here is answerback key) and I hope to claim success shortly.

Randy