JAMMA board video hookup

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:20:10 CDT 2015

On 10/18/2015 10:41 AM, Zane Healy wrote:
> Google "Super-Gun", as that's how you typically hook one up outside of
> an arcade cabinet.

Ah, totally overkill at this stage, though.

>  I think most arcade cabinets use CGA monitors.

My guess is that it's most likely all TV-rate signaling, and so there might
be a way of just throwing a handful of resistors into a pot (etc.) and
getting a (poor-quality, perhaps!) signal out the other end that I can just
feed into one of the displays that I have here.

The JAMMA pinouts are readily available, so wiring for the controls isn't a
problem - I'm just not finding anything that provides details about the
video signal.

> If nothing else, you'll need a JAMMA harness so you can wire something
> up yourself.

I've actually got some suitable edge connectors sitting in the junk pile (I
don't have a 56-pin one, but a couple of butchered shorter ones
side-by-side will do for testing).  The manual that I obtained with the
board lists the DIP switch settings for free play mode, so I don't think I
need to worry about simulating coin boxes either (although I think those
are just TTL inputs, so a couple of debounced switches would do).

> What board?  There are sites out on the net with repair logs for some
> boards.

It came from an Aero Fighters cab - board says "IT-19-02" in the corner.
I've no idea if it was a one-off for this game or if other games used the
same board with different firmware.

cheers

Jules