VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 06:35:13 CDT 2015

> > The VT101,02,31, and 32 are the same, as are the VT100, 105, and 125.
>
> If you say they are the same, can you turn a VT101 into a VT102?

I don't think there was an official way to do it (from what I remember the VT101 was
sold as a 'closed' terminal (maybe replace the logic board), but the VT101 logic board
has a lot of spare IC positions, etc, which I guess are used in the VT102. I've not seen
printsets for either, but if you could find them you could probably work out what
was needed. My guess, too, is that the ROMs have to be changed, meaning you would
need to copy a set from a VT102.

-tony