360 mockups Re: Has anyone hear of the Computer History Archives Project?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:40:24 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:13 AM,  <steven at malikoff.com> wrote:
> I've almost finished replicating the iconic Eames PSCC-4...
> ... A real PSCC-4 is > $700 USD on eBay

Earlier this year, a local small village upgraded their town hall
auditorium seating and recouped thousands of dollars selling the chair
shells on eBay.  I was surprised at what a 50-year-old hunk of
fiberglass sells for now.

> I would like to get a few square metres of vintage raised floor tiles, but have not had
> much luck here in Oz. That's something that would be prohibitively expensive to import.
> No ideas yet on how to replicate them but couldn't be too hard.

I have some steel-backed tiles that were newish in 1982 and from the
weight, they would be incredibly expensive to send to Oz.

More recent tiles I've seen are aluminum-backed and weigh far less,
but they aren't period-correct for the late 60s.

-ethan