PDP2011 board

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Oct 22 20:11:57 CDT 2015

I'm not sure if the author of this nice bit of work is on here, but I'm
looking at a board for this, the Altera DE-1.  Unfortunately there are a
plethora of Altera DE-1 boards and much puzzlement by me as to whether
this is the right one.  The page with the info is deficient in details
to tell.

The actual part which the author used is the key thing here, and not
just the name of the board.  I'd appreciate opinions here as to whether
these will run PDP2011 or whether it will be a nice learning board for
my mistake pile.

http://pdp2011.sytse.net/wordpress/pdp-11/fpga-boards/de1/

There is currently what I think is a good specimen available if anyone
is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131621388597

It includes the software and docs.  The current one I have was a student
version sans the documents and software.

I hope to get the thing going to play with sometime soon.   There are so
many small boards out there for very little money once I get this done
and understand more about targeting this board and others I'd like to
see how cheap a board this could be made to run with give the current
boards.

There is currently an Arm/fpga Zilog chip board now made available that
would be a nifty board to make into a PDP11 if it comes out as cheap as
they promise it to be.

thanks
Jim