Oddball question: really small terminals

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 23:06:35 CDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I had forgotten I had pretty much what I was looking for in the
> Corestore collection already!
>
> http://www.corestore.org/terms.jpg
>
> Two terminals the size of small pizza boxes using external VGA
> displays. On top, an IBM 3483 coax 3270 terminal, on the bottom a DEC
> VT525 serial terminal.
>
> Now all I need is to find VGA LCD displays about the size of those
> boxes - say 10" or 12" diagonal, suggestions??? - and maybe a few more
> terminals - and we're pretty much in business!

One issue with the VT525 is that you might have to experiment with a
few different LCD monitors to find one that produces an acceptable
display, especially if you want to use 132 column mode.

The last time I tried this with the LCD monitors I happened to have on
hand a ViewSonic VP2000s, a Samsung 931B, and a Dell 1704FPTT all
produced unacceptable results while an older ViewSonic VP150 did
reasonably well.

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?41674