Model 152 PSU dummy loads - Re: NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Dale H. Cook radiotest at juno.com
Mon Oct 26 10:02:25 CDT 2015

At 10:45 AM 10/26/2015, Jerry Weiss wrote:

>Water in the dummy load?      Water cooled - sure.  Water immersed?  Even though I see it posted on the web, i have may doubts it would be a stable method.

I concur. Tap water may have contaminants (such as chlorine) that will cause electrical leakage.

>Oil  is the usual medium here.

Current non-PCB transformer oil is the preferred oil, but for relatively low power levels (say, 1 kilowatt dissipation or less) USP-grade mineral oil (available at your pharmacy) is a very viable substitute.

Dale H. Cook, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
Osborne 1 / Kaypro 4-84 / Kaypro 1 / Amstrad PPC-640
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/index.html