Mac IIsi - SoG?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:30:58 CDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 09:18 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> here is a mirror of the tech note that describes the pinouts and sense codes
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20040222182709/http://developer.apple.com/technotes/hw/hw_30.html
>

> The RBV ASIC in the SI only knows about the original 8 sense codes.

I just got it running a minute ago! I found a note on Herb's
retrotechnology site:

"The newer Macintosh II Video Cards and Macintosh IIci built-in video
require that pin 4 (SENSE0) be connected to Ground to signal the connection
of a 640 x 480 monitor. Do not connect pins 7 or 10 as they are unused on
original Macintosh II Video Cards and there are built-in pullup resistors
on the newer Macintosh II Video Card and Macintosh IIci to terminate these
pins when not in use."

... and leaving 7 & 10 nc, and grounding pin 4 has indeed kicked it into
life (currently running on an ELO touchscreen LCD, it remains to be seen
whether any of my other LCDs or CRTs have problems with it)

cheers!

Jules