Trying to get my RLV11 working

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Wed Oct 28 17:28:37 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-28 20:35, Ben Sinclair wrote:
> For 18 bit addresses, I assume I would look at 74400 instead? I get
> 177777 there.

Um? 74400 is 15 bits... :-)
18 bits would be 774400. But 22 bits would be 17774400. And 16 bits
would be 174400.

I would primarily expect 16 bits addresses to be used on a KDF-11, but I
could be wrong. Early revisions only supported 18 bit addressing, but
later models supported 22 bit addressing. But how that is reflected in
the micro-ODT on a KDF-11 I don't know. I don't even know if it's
actually micro-ODT, or some more primitivt console mode on that CPU.
I haven't actually worked on a KDF-11 in about 20 years. I know the
KDJ-11 better at this point. (Or the models with a physical front panel...)

> I did just try moving the RLV11 boards below everything else (except
> the BDV11), with the same results as before.

I feel that this is just random testing and moving stuff around, which I
doubt is very helpful.

	Johnny