Interlisp-D (Medley) "display font" disks for the 1186?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:23:55 CDT 2015

On 9/7/15 7:21 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:
> On 9/7/15 8:01 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> On 9/6/15 2:18 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:
>>
>>> Lots of other disks to look through but it's a pain to get them
>>> written out; one of those HxC floppy drive emulators is looking
>>> rather nice right now :).
>>>

>> you might want to see if
>> http://bitsavers.org/bits/Xerox/8010/extractXeroxFloppy.zip can be
>> adapted to the 5" format
>>

> Cool, I didn't know of that tool's existence.  From the code, it looks
> like 5.25" formats may already work:
>
> switch(sectors)
> {
>     case 9: sectorsT0 = 16;  /* 5.25 inch 360k */
> }
>
> I'll have to play with it when I have a few minutes...
>
> Thanks!
> Josh

Quick update:  This compiled (with warnings) on my Mac and seems to run
fine.  It does appear to support 5.25" 360K images and I was able to
extract files from the 1186/6085 images (from Bitsavers). The ViewPoint
images do not seem to have any loosely-packaged font files on them,
they're all in some kind of container format.  The 1186 images  yielded
a bit more fruit, there are font files with extension ".STRIKE" on the
XDE floppies and ".PSCFONT" on "Medley LispUsers #15".

Neither of these seem to match the few examples of filenames I see in
the 1186 docs, but I'll see if I can get a couple of these disks written
out and see what's what later this week.

I also looked briefly at the images for the 1108 and nothing obvious
jumped out.

- Josh