vintage datacenter furniture

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Sep 21 18:38:21 CDT 2015

On 09/21/2015 04:21 PM, Jason T wrote:

> Don't know if IBM used them, but Wright-Line was huge in datacenter
> equipment, both furniture and storage.
>
> DEC had some of their own (I have a catalog somewhere....) that
> matched their corporate rack cabinets (brown/beige scheme.)

Acco was (and is) very big in data center/office computer furniture as
well.  I use a couple of Acco workstations that I picked up used about
25 years ago.  Welded beefy things (had no problem holding a Daisy 20"
monitor).  Desk is on a chain and threaded-rod up-down adjustment;
keyboard shelf is adjustable WRT angle and height.   I don't think that
I could ever go back to using a plain old office desk again.

Fortunately, I don't have to.

--Chuck