Xerox Alto on eBay

Josh Dersch JoshD at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Apr 14 11:55:29 CDT 2016

Yes, we're able to duplicate packs and write new ones out from disk images.  (At the moment it's kind of cumbersome -- involving a PDP-11/44 with a 3mbit Ethernet board, a seriously hacked 2.11BSD kernel and a bit of luck -- but we're working on a more elegant solution.)  If anyone out there ends up with a working Alto and needs working media, we can help out in that regard (assuming you provide usable packs).

- Josh

Sr. Vintage Software Engineer
Living Computer Museum
www.livingcomputermuseum.org