DECnet TRN Datalink spec, etc.

Dave Mitton dave at mitton.com
Fri Apr 15 19:52:23 CDT 2016

On 4/7/2016 01:00 PM, cctech-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
>Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 18:26:34 +0000
>From: <Paul_Koning at Dell.com>
>To: <cctalk at classiccmp.org>, <hecnet at Update.UU.SE>
>Subject: Document treasure trove
>

>While looking for DECnet documents, I noticed that there's a very
>large collection at
>http://manx.classiccmp.org/collections/antonio/dec/ .  Probably not
>news to many, but in case some had not seen it...
>
>Among other things, there are two CD collections MDS-1997-10 and
>MDS-2000-01.  The former contains a rather obscure document, the
>DECnet Phase IV Token Ring datalink spec.  That also includes the
>Phase IV routing layer tweaks necessary to support token ring -- or
>other datalinks if you don't want to use the AA-00-04-00 prefix.
>
>         paul

As the primary author of that document, I still have a hard copy
(available), and can answer any questions (if the neurons
remember)   As well as a variety of other DECnet specs and
documents.   Most of them were on the an HP site for awhile.  I don't
know what survived the corporate split.

Dave.

---