Seeking immediate rescue of full-rack SGI ONYX near Northbrook, IL

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:47:30 CDT 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, ethan at 757.org wrote:
> > Glad it was able to be saved, sounds like a neat system, do you have any
> > specs on it, that you can share?
> Warms my SGI fanboy side to see these systems being saved!

I agree. I'm just glad I don't have to find the space or lift the damn thing
:-)

The Onyx is rad. However it's cool-to-weight ratio suffers with comparison
to an Indy or O2. So, that's why I own those, instead. The Tezro is a bit
in-between. It's about 2x to 3x the size of an O2, but it's still smaller
than an Onyx. However, that Onyx sounds like it's decked out with the
RealityEngine and the A/V option board (Sirrus) that was really fun &
flexible before digital video ruled.

-Swift