ROM Cartridges. Lifespan, and other tidbits

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:52:40 CDT 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Andrew Burton wrote:
> Sorry, you are wrong.  I own  three SNES games that use the SFX chip:
> Starfox, Stunt Race FX and Yoshi's Island (SFX chip used for sprite
> rotation and 3D objects, such as doors that fell towards the screen).

Cool.  I thought there were only two as well.  Glad to be corrected, then.
I don't remember Stunt Race FX, but I sure loved Starfox.

> The Megadrive had a few games too, with the SVP (Sega Virtua Processor)
> chip: Virtua Fighter (I think?), Virtua Racing (definately) and Vectorman (I
> think?).

Oh I never heard about that one.  I believe I have one of those titles for
the Sega 32X, too.  However, it probably had enough grunt to play it as-is.
I'm not sure if the 32X had any 3D hardware.

-Swift