Harris H800 Computer

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:38:34 CDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:

> I have two front panels for a similar system.

Think you could take some pictures? The lone picture I have of the H800
isn't a close-up of the panel, and I'd very much like to see what it looks
like up close.

It is a 24-bit mini. Docs are on bitsavers. Started out as a company called
> Datacraft before Harris bought them.

Huh, sure enough. Many of its registers are 24-bit, but the memory is
48-bits wide. A "super-minicomputer", they claimed.

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/harris/0830007-000_Series_800_Reference_Man_Aug79.pdf

I'd be happy to dump the microcode/PROMs when I get some time, perhaps over
the summer.

Kyle